cewas Middle East is pleased to announce opening the doors to apply to the training on Designing and Managing Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management (SSWM) Projects for Iraq.
The Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management Training course enables participants to fully exploit the benefits of the Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management Toolbox and develops a thorough understanding of Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management. This 6-day SSWM Training Course follows a participatory, cross-institutional and interdisciplinary approach. While outlining the training programme, great emphasis is laid on participants’ interaction. Firstly, the self-study material library will be provided. Secondly, live streaming group works and case studies will be conducted. Thirdly, you will enjoy exposure to projects laid in different parts of the world. Finally, we will do role-plays that reveal creativity and make participants think in a holistic way.
This online training strengthens the capacity of participants and allows them to:
- Analyse and visualise by means of a mapping exercise the current water and sanitation situation in their real-life project area.
- Recognise the need of identifying, analysing and planning for the active participation of all concerned stakeholders in a participatory manner.
- Apply theProblem & Objective Trees Analysis to establish cause and effect relationships between observed negative aspects (i.e. problems) and describe the desired future situation once the identified problems have been remedied.
- Decide on the best implementation strategy to pursue and define the project goal, outcomes and outputs as part of a logframe.
- Understanding and work on a Monitoring & Evaluation Plan.
- Develop an action plan for the next steps in developing the project.
- Appreciate the value of the SSWM Toolbox and how it can be used as a support for planning, implementing and ensuring the sustainability of local water and sanitation interventions.
Participation is only possible in groups (of the same entity or organisation).